BSP Specialist Centre
The Brent School Partnership (BSP) is strongly committed to promoting high quality school-to-school support, and leadership of the school system, by autonomous schools who aspire to excellence in all that they do. Specialist Centres reflect this commitment and make real the Partnership’s strategy for school-to-school support. Specialist Centres are members of a wider BSP network which contributes to overall improvement and provides valuable school-to-school support. Specialist Centres include schools judged to be Good or Outstanding by Ofsted, as well as those which have Good and Outstanding practice in specific areas, whatever the overall judgement by Ofsted.
Manor School is a Specialist Centre for Special Educational Needs, providing high quality, personalised education for children with a wide range of learning difficulties and special needs, particularly with Autism. Children are encouraged to enjoy and participate positively in their learning. We have high expectations for all pupils and aim for every child to make outstanding progress. Manor School aims to develop children’s independence and the development of effective communication, social skills and positive interaction are at the core of all our teaching and learning. Communication is central to this so pupils are supported with a variety of different techniques, including signing and visual/symbol prompts.
- Developing and deepening your understanding of autism
- How to effectively use assessment to support excellent pupil progress (using BARICS)
- Supporting and developing effective behaviour for learning
- Opportunities to access in class training to assist the development of effective SEND classroom practice
- Incorporating OT and Makaton into every day teaching and learning opportunities
- Bespoke training designed to meet an individual school’s needs
Our training sessions are available to any school staff for a fee and places are limited. For more information on the individual sessions please view our brochure. To book a place or for further information please contact Manor School Offcice on 0208 968 3160.