Join the team
We welcome and encourage volunteers from our local and wider community. We recognise that volunteers can bring with them a range of skills and experience that can enhance the learning opportunities of the children at Manor School. Our volunteers include: parents of pupils, students on work experience, university students, and other friends of the school.
Volunteers completing a college or university course are invited to stay for the duration of their placement. All other volunteers are welcome to work with us for a maximum duration of one term. The school welcomes parents/relatives of our pupils who want to become volunteers. However, placements will only be offered with the understanding that relations will not be working in the same classes as this may not be beneficial for children in their school environment. The types of activities that Volunteers can be engaged in include:
• Working with small groups of pupils
• Working alongside individual children
• Working with children on computers
• Undertaking art and craft activities
• Accompanying school visits
• Providing positive role models and one to one support
• Supporting independence skills such as eating at lunchtime
• Supporting children to play during playtimes.
Anyone wishing to become a volunteer, should approach Al Miller, Assistant Headteacher with responsibility for volunteers, via e-mail: email@example.com
Our volunteer policy can be found in our school policies section.