At Manor School we take our responsibilities for Safeguarding Children very seriously, especially as our pupils are very vulnerable. We follow Brent/London Child Protection procedures rigorously and have regular training sessions to ensure everyone is up to date with the latest information, practice and procedures.
Our trained Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) are Steven Thompson (Headteacher) and Angela Boast (Deputy Headteacher). Any concerns or questions should be directed to them immediately.
Alongside this we place a very high emphasis upon teaching independence and functional communication skills. We believe that this learning will support and enable our pupils to learn about keeping themselves safe, both within school and beyond. We also have a Family Link Worker who is available to support families within the child’s own home and a Education Welfare Officer who can offer advice.
Our Safeguarding and associated policies can be found in the Policies section, and further information can be found in the documents below.
- BSAT Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy – September 2021
- DfE – Keeping children safe in education – September 2021
- Information Sharing
- What to do if you’re Worried a Child is Being Abused
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Manor School Essential Staff Qualities
- Sexual violence and sexual harassment between children in school and colleges – September 2021
- The prevent duty – Departmental advice for schools and childcare providers
More and more people are now accessing the internet for a variety of reasons, most of them innocent and legitimate, some of them not. As such, our school has robust processes in place to ensure the online safety of pupils, staff, volunteers and governors. We do this by delivering an effective approach to online safety, which empowers us to protect and educate the whole school community in its use of technology, and by establishing clear mechanisms to identify, intervene and escalate an incident, where appropriate.
Our Designated Online Safety Lead (DOSL) is Dean Newby (BSAT Head of Communications, IT, and Data). Any concerns or questions should be directed to them or your child’s class teacher.
Our Online Safety policy can be found in the Policies section, and further information can be found on the following websites:
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on Friday 25th May 2018. All Data Protection/GDPR policies can be found in the Policies section.
Privacy Notices: these inform individuals of their legal rights regarding the data we process about them, why we process it – including the legal basis for doing so, how long we hold it for, and how it can be accessed – as well as other relevant information. Parents and carers / Employees
Subject Access Requests: if you would like access to data that you believe we hold, please complete and submit a ‘Subject Access Request’ form
- School Data Protection Lead and Lead Data Controller: Dean Newby, email@example.com
- School Data Protection Officer: Deepti Bal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Commissioner’s Office: service ico.org.uk/livechat -or- 0303 123 1113