Our Remit and Structure
Manor School is part of the Brent Specialist Academy Trust (BSAT). Our Trust aspires to provide the best possible education to all pupils attending schools within the Trust.
Effective governance ensures that the Trust, and each school within our Trust, is supported and challenged to maximise performance, and to ensure that the Trust complies with its legal obligations.
FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS ABOUT BSAT, OUR TRUST POLICIES AND FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR TRUST PLEASE VISIT: www.BSAT.london
The governance of BSAT includes:
- Members of BSAT, who are individuals who have a role akin to shareholders and so appoint Trustees and receive the accounts but are not involved in the management of BSAT.
- A Board of Trustees that includes Jayne Jardine, CEO/Principal of BSAT, parents and staff from Manor School, The Avenue once it opens on its permanent site, and Trustees appointed by Members or co-opted to bring specific skills to the Board.
- Stephen Hull – Works for the British Council. Highly experienced governor
- Bob Anderson – An HR, compliance and governance expert
- Desi Lodge Patch – An education and SEND expert
- Judith Enright – A school leadership and secondary education expert and a serving secondary head teacher
- Yasmin Sher – A parent and well being and counselling expert
- John Rosevere (Chair) – A project management expert
- Paul Sommerfeld (Vice Chair and H&S link) – A governance and legal expert
- Richard Drake (Chair of Resources Sub Group and PM/Pay Panel ) – A financial and HR expert
- Richard Ough (Safeguarding link) – A legal and medical expert
- Dean Newby (Chair of LAB) – A communication and infrastructure expert (inc. GDPR)
- Lendon Lumsden (Community, Diversity and Equalities link)- A community engagement expert
- Yasmin Sher (SEND link) – A parent and well being and counselling expert
- Therese McNulty (Standards link) – A qualified teacher. Currently working as a senior adviser for governance and workforce development.
- Jayne Jardine (CEO) – A highly experienced Head Teacher, SEND expert, school improvement partner and school inspector
- Vacancies – being held in line with future Trust expansion
CLERK : Simon Topping (external)
The Board has established two Trust sub groups:
o Strategic Planning
o Resources Committee
We have also established our Local Academy Board (LAB) that acts in a similar manner to a local Governing Body focusing on safeguarding, standards and the curriculum – the Chair of Manor’s LAB is Dean Newby (contact: c/o Manor School).
The Scheme of Delegation for the Trust sets out the terms of reference for the Board, its Trust sub groups and our LAB (including committees and panels that meet less frequently or on an ad-hoc basis). It also sets out the annual cycle of meetings and the anticipated main agenda items at each meeting.
Trustees, the Register of Interests and Key Documents
It is important that trustees and staff not only act impartially, but are also seen to act impartially. Trustees and staff have a responsibility to avoid any conflict between their business and personal interests and those of the academy trust. As such, each trustee completes a register of interests form annually, and is asked to declare any potential conflicts of interest at the beginning of each meeting. The Accounting Officer, Jayne Jardine, currently has no relevant business or pecuniary interests entered in the register.
The details of the current trustees and register of interests can be found here: Publication of BSAT Trustee Details & Register of Interests
Meeting attendance registers, Minutes of Trust meetings, Minutes of Resources Committee, Minutes of Local Academy Board and Minutes of Members meetings can all be found at: www.BSAT.london.