Manor School is part of the Brent Specialist Academy Trust (BSAT), which aspires to provide the best possible education to all pupils attending schools within the Trust. Effective governance ensures that the Trust, and each school within our Trust, is supported and challenged to maximise performance, and to ensure that the Trust complies with its legal obligations. At an individual school level, the Trust has established a Local Academy Board (LAB) that acts in a similar manner to a local Governing Body focusing on safeguarding, standards, and the curriculum.
The LAB members and their areas of responsibility are:
- Dean Newby – Trustee, Chair of the LAB – Communications, Infrastructure, and Governance expert
- Steve Thompson – Headteacher (Manor School) – SEND Education expert
- Kate Campbell – Head of School (The Avenue School) – SEND Education and Autism expert
- Catherine Harris – Staff Member (Manor School), Curriculum and Standards Member – SEND Teacher
- Patricia Sosa – Staff Member (The Avenue School), Curriculum and Standards Member – SEND Teacher
- Zainab Ahmed – Parent Member (Manor School), Curriculum and Standards Member
- Laura Fawcett – Community Member, Safeguarding Member – SEND Education Leader
Simon Topping is the LAB’s Clerk.
Please visit the Documentation page for more information about the LAB’s roles and responsibilities.
Please visit the Trust website for more information about BSAT and BSAT governance.