> More information
Like all schools, we’ve been asked to open a limited Care Provision, which we will be doing over the coming days, and alongside The Avenue School, as part of the BSAT Care Provision.
The children of Key Workers and those who have a designated Social Worker will be prioritised for places. Unfortunately, due to restrictions on the number of pupils and staff that we can have on site, we will not be able to allocate all pupils a place. Children whose parents work in the emergency services will be prioritised.
In line with Public Health England advice and updated guidance from The Secretary of State for Health and Social Care regarding “social distancing,” we’ve used the following to risk assess whether or not we’re able to safely offer a place within our Care Provision.
In order for us to offer a place, a child must be able to:
- Cover their mouth and nose independently for a cough or sneeze
- Use and bin tissues independently
- Wash their hands independently
- Avoid touching their face
- Manage bodily fluids independently
- Be able to maintain a distance of 2 metres with verbal instruction.
Updated Government guidance states that in the vast majority of instances, children will be safer at home.