Vacancy: Primary Class Teachers
Manor School – Primary Class Teachers
Inner-London Teacher Pay-scale plus SEN Allowance (Point 1)
Required from September 2021 – or as soon as notice period will permit
‘This is an exceptional school. Staff support every pupil to achieve their full potential. Pupils are happy, safe and settled here. Pupils are taught in a very individualised way. Staff make sure that they reflect the school motto ‘Love, Learn, Laugh’ in everything that they do.’ (Ofsted Report January 2020)
We are looking to grow our team!
Manor School is a warm, happy and welcoming primary special school and we are part of the Brent Specialist Academy Trust (BSAT). We’re committed to ensuring that all pupils are supported to make the most of their unique potential and we were delighted to be crowned “School of the Year” at the National School Awards in November 2019.
We have a highly trained and effective team of staff who specialise in supporting pupils with a wide range of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
We are seeking to appoint passionate Primary teachers who will become an integral part of our school community. Interested candidates must share our Vision: ‘Love, Learn, Laugh.’
We are looking for:
- Positive, enthusiastic and creative Primary teachers who are outstanding classroom practitioners and passionate about teaching children with SEND
- Teachers who strive to provide the highest standard of teaching using appropriate and specific strategies to engage and support pupils with a wide range of learning needs
- Teachers who are committed to working in partnership with others, including therapists and families.
- Practitioners who have experience in positively managing behaviour
- Individuals with a commitment to their own continued professional development
- A sound understanding of the stages of child development
- Experience or knowledge of working with individuals with autism and/or learning difficulties
- Supportive colleagues and a caring working environment
- A comprehensive induction and mentor programme
- Outstanding in-service training and opportunities to develop professionally in a thriving and growing school
- A generous PPA allocation of 4 hours p/w compared to the recommended entitlement of 2.5 hrs
- Well-resourced vibrant classrooms with high adult to pupil ratios
- Dedicated support from specialist colleagues in our MAST team including therapists and behaviour experts
- A well-being agenda to ensure a healthy work/life balance and positive mental health
- Support from a passionate, approachable, empathetic and ambitious senior leadership team.
‘Teachers are fully committed to the school and its pupils. Leaders understand the workload that operating at this level places on staff. They are careful to seek ways that support staff in managing their workload. As a result, staff feel that leaders listen to them and that they are valued. Parents and carers told us how much they appreciate staff’s hard work to support their children.’ (Ofsted, January 2020)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and education of our children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and references will be required.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 1st July 2021 by 3pm
Shortlisting: Friday 2nd July 2021
Interviews: Week Commencing Monday 5th July 2021
Please email completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org