Verbal Behaviour Assistant
Job Title: Verbal Behaviour Assistant – Multiple Positions Available
Salary: Scale 1 (Points 1-3 = 20,103 to £20,835), and SEN Allowance (£1,289) FTE,
Pro-rata starting salary at point 1 = £18,297 (Incl SEN Allowance)
Hours: 36 hours per week
Closing Date: Open until filled
Short Listing: TBC
Interview Date: TBC
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
The Avenue (NW6 7BQ) and Manor School provides specialist teaching based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)/Verbal Behaviour (VB) in 7 classes across the trust (4 at The Avenue and 3 at Manor School).
We are seeking to appoint Verbal Behaviour Assistants to join our vibrant and welcoming trust. Positions may be based at The Avenue or Manor School.
Manor School provides an Ofsted-judged ‘Outstanding’ specialist learning environment, for primary aged pupils with a wide range of special needs. We have a clear and strong vision ‘love, learn, laugh’ which we achieve through creating a positive, engaging environment where pupils effectively learn. The Avenue school opened in September 2017 and has allowed us to extend this specialist provision to the benefit of even more children and their families; currently on a temporary site and catering for 28 children. The Avenue will be moving to a purpose built school building, in September 2021, and will expand over three years to cater for 104 pupils up to the age of 19.
As a Verbal Behaviour Assistant you will support the Class Teacher and Verbal Behaviour Tutor to implement teaching strategies based on the principles of ABA/VB. You will be responsible for developing motivating teaching activities that incorporate the personalised targets set by the teacher. A primary focus of your role will be to help pupils’ to develop functional communication (using speech or augmentative and alternative communication methods-AAC) and to develop skills that support the reduction of challenging behaviour.
We can offer you:
- A place within a committed Verbal Behaviour team;
- High quality professional development opportunities;
- Calm, purposeful and well-resourced learning environments;
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school;
We are looking for:
- Positive, energetic and creative teaching assistants with a love of teaching and learning;
- Individuals with experience or knowledge of autism and/or severe learning difficulties;
- Applicants who have a keen interest in developing skills in Applied Behaviour Analysis and Verbal Behaviour;
- Teaching assistants who have experience in positively managing behaviour;