Family Support Practitioner
Salary: Scale 5 – SO1 Depending on experience (Points 12 – 25 = £24,462 to £30,708), and SEN Allowance (£1,289) FTE.
Actual Pro-rata starting salary at point 12 = £22,026 – point 25 = £27,368 (Incl SEN Allowance) depending on experience
Hours: 36 hours per week, varied hours, including evenings until 7pm, 3 days per week. Term time only
Closing Date: 27th October
Short Listing: 28th October
Interview Date: 1st and 4th November
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
We are seeking to appoint a Family Support Practitioner to join our vibrant and welcoming special school.
Manor School is a primary special academy for children with special needs in Brent and is part of the Brent Specialist Academy Trust (BSAT). Manor School provides an Ofsted-judged ‘Outstanding’ specialist learning environment for pupils with a wide range of special needs and we have a clear and strong vision ‘love, learn, laugh’ which we achieve through creating a positive, engaging environment where pupils effectively learn. We are committed to extending our support and sharing our knowledge with the families of our pupils’ in order to enhance the quality of life beyond the school setting.
We are looking for:
- Applicants who approach work in a positive, non-judgemental and empathetic way
- Applicants who are resilient and have a high level of emotional intelligence
- Applicants with a proven record of supporting families with a range of difficulties that affect family life
- Applicants who are confident supporting children with challenging behaviour and able to demonstrate strategies effectively and safely to others
- Experience or knowledge of a range of special educational needs
- Applicants with a full clean driving licence and their own car
We offer regular supervision and excellent CPD opportunities.
Manor School is part of the Brent Specialist Academy Trust and the post holder may be required to work across the Trust as and when necessary.